Thursday, July 16, 2009

Basement project - part 2

Just a quick update on the basement project.

Rick and Cait have been working their butts off on this and I have to say I'm quite impressed!

Rick and his father started the framing this weekend and managed to get a good start. Rick has been here almost every night this week and should have it all finished by tonight. He will work on the electrical next. Then comes the fun part of sheet rocking, spackling, sanding and installing the drop ceiling!!!

Caitlin doesn't really have any wood working skills but she has been doing her part by painting and packing and moving boxes (many filled with Margie's books) and carrying some furniture up and down the two flights of stairs! Today, she and I dismantled the entertainment center that was down there, carried it up to my new space (her old room) and rolled up the area rugs and put them outside for the trash. The padding underneath was absolutely disgusting. It's been down there for nine years and was deteriorating and smelled a bit like old shoes.

They are trying to get as much done as possible before Rick goes on tour again with his band The Racing Kites. He is the drummer and they will leave sometime mid-August and won't be back for 6 weeks!

I don't think it will be 100% finished but they should have a livable space anyway!



Here's Rick with his trusty drill and a curious smirk! (Caitlin was making fun of his "apron".)



Caitlin is painting some shelves. (Rick said she is just jealous because she doesn't have an apron and will probably get paint on her clothes!)

2 comments:

dive said...

Wow! What a transformation, Shazza!

I must confess I'm jonesin' for a pinnie like Ricks!

neetzy said...

I am quite impressed! I think he's a keeper! I am also glad to hear that you still have some "personal" space.