Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home for the holidays

The song: Home for the Holidays has been sung and recorded by so many artists it's difficult to count.

One part of the lyrics always bothered me:

I met a man who lives in Tennessee,
and he was headin’ for
Pennsylvania and some homemade pumpkin pie;
From Pennsylvania folks are travelin’ down to Dixie’s sunny shore;
From Atlantic to Pacific -
Gee, the traffic is terrific!

No, it isn't terrific it sucks!

Obviously when they wrote this song there were less cars on the roads, now I can't even drive in my town without it taking me at least 30 minutes to drive 1/4 of a mile.

Bah humbug...I hate the holidays.

No...not really I do enjoy them.

Tomorrow M and I and Daughter C will drive down to the Semi-Conductors house for Thanksgiving.

Neetzy and her family: Bro In-Law, Daughter's A and D will arrive there tonight and start the turkey in the morning.

We are planning on slipping the semi-conductor a few xanax (what is the plural of xanax?) before we really start cooking. Semi is a bit anal retentive and likes his kitchen spotless. He's going to have to take a DEEP Breath and just try to relax as we take over and mess it all up.

It will be spotless before we leave though.

Neetzy and I are bringing down all of the ingredients with us. Semi is responsible for the wine and the deserts.

When I looked at the menu again this morning I realized I better wear sweatpants (look out fashion police here I come) or something with an elastic waist 'cause I'm gonna eat myself a new one!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

And if you don't live in the US and don't celebrate it...well...have a happy Thursday.

3 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Sounds like a fun and filling time. Enjoy. Happiness to you all.

Peace.

dive said...

Have a great Thanksgiving, Shazza.

Shazza said...

Deb - Thank you! And the same to you and your family.

Dive - Thank you! Enjoy your Thursday!