Saturday, January 01, 2011

Hi

January 1, 2011 - here it is!

I've fallen victim to Facebook and hav neglected my blogs big time, but I hope to change that in 2011.

Let's see - what happened in 2010:

I was working at a cookie bakery - that didn't work out. I had a lot of fun, but unfortunately things got a bit messy in the end.
I was taking classes at school - that worked out well. My computers class teacher was a real bitch and quite proud of it too. One of those short people with a Napoleon complex. I was excited about that class too, but on the very first day when she listed all of the things that will "piss her off" I know I was done for. There is something about those triple "A" personality types that rubs me the wrong way. She dictated the entire time and if you asked her a question she became irritated. Excuuuuuse me, I never took speed writing and I don't understand "bitch" so I need to ask questions. I passed the class and that is all that matters.

I hope to be able to take more classes soon.

Margie and I opened up our own business - that has been amazing! It's a lot of work, but it doesn't feel like work. I could go on and on about it, but I have another blog for that so I won't elaborate here.

We also got a new puppy - Cody the monster. He is another Westie and he's cute as hell but he is a maniac. Margie bought him as a 50th birthday present to herself. He is very sweet, but just one of the most frustrating dogs to train. We are pretty certain he was a puppy mill dog. He came from Missouri and was brought up to NJ at a very young age. Too young probably. There are some things that have been imprinted on this poor little guy. Loud noises scare him, reaching over his head to pet him scares him, the dishwasher totally freaks him out. He is improving, but he has a way to go still.

We had one the hottest, driest summers on record. Brutal. Our front yard was totally scorched and then the weeds took over. The only green lawns were the rich people who have sprinkler systems.

Two days after Christmas we got hit with a blizzard. 34 inches of the white stuff landed on us. Not fun. Most of the roads were impassable for 3 days. Today it's 57 degrees! Wacky.

So that was 2010 in a nutshell. I am going to try to post more often in 2011. I miss the blogworld.

Happy New Year to everyone!

3 comments:

8thday said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year to you too!

neetzy said...

Welcome back! I'm slowly working my way back into bloggy land. That blizzard was impressive! I especially liked driving along on a highway when the lane suddenly disappeared. Just think. If it were not for the storm, we would never have gone to Viva's!

Shazza said...

Hey there 8th Day! Happy New year to you. Nice to see an old blog friend. I hope all is well.

Anita - glad you enjoyed Vivas, it was great spending time with you!