Friday, January 15, 2010

Nevermind

I had wanted to write a post about my trip to NYC yesterday, but after a few glasses of wine my thoughts are a bit muddled.

SO - instead this will be Random thoughts which is what I am best and and one of the reasons for the title of my blog anyway.

Why do people on trains feel the need to carry out conversations as though no one else can hear them?

Quote that I overheard from a 20 something young girl to the guy she just met on the train sitting in the seat across from her. Which by the way she talked the entire 1 1/2 yours to - but who's counting: "So like to get anywhere you would like have to work the old fashioned way from the bottom up. Can you believe that? I was like No way!"

(Ok...this may not have been the "actual" words, but it's close.)

Old fashioned way? Like "earning it"?

Heaven forbid!! (is this a republican statement or just an older person's view on things?)

Next - why do people feel the need to talk about their personal lives to perfect strangers?

Is it loneliness? The need to unburden oneself? Anyone? Please help me to understand why a grown woman would tell a perfect stranger (not me thankfully) about the staff infection she got while visiting someone in the hospital which landed her in a quarantined section of a different hospital for 7 days?

Also - does talking loudly about a potential business deal while you are on a train make you important or just really annoying to everyone else who could care less?

Lastly - if you are sitting on a train and you smell something foul and there is only one other person around you and you know that that foul smell didn't come from you - should you ask them to at least say "excuse me?"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....so many questions - so little time.

And so inconsequential compared to what is happening in Haiti.

How many people have perished? Over 50,000? Maybe more?

And we are subjected to Acts of Stupidity like this from the moronic idiot Rush Limbaugh: "I do believe that everything is political to this president," Limbaugh said on his radio show yesterday. "Everything this president sees is a political opportunity, including Haiti, and he will use it to burnish his credentials with minorities in this country and around the world, and to accuse Republicans of having no compassion."


or this from TV Evangelist Pat Robertson:

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," he said on Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club." "They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal."

I ..... am without words.





P.S. - If you find any typo's or grammatical errors, oh well!

I really don't give a flying fig! :)

2 comments:

dive said...

Oooooh, don't get me started on train talkers, Shazza. Hee hee.
Or republicans, for that matter. Sheesh!

neetzy said...

When I first visited Mom via Amtrak, during her illness, I realized the value of an Ipod. When Doug and I took the train to the Phillies game, I had my Ipod, he did not. He sat next to two young ladies who were quite "open" about thier sex life. He'll never forget to pack his Ipod.

Sorry Pat, Jesus would be in Haiti helping them, not judging them or using their tragedy for political points.