Friday, December 12, 2008

Musical Musings

I had some really terrifically horrible songs to post today, but I just can't do it.

I don't have the strength to watch them again. Some of them are that bad.

Sooooooooo, you'll have to get by this week with a song that I heard on the radio on my way back from Connecticut.

This one is classic 80's new wave. I haven't heard it on the radio in many, many years. They only had a few songs that hit the mainstream, but if you visited any college campus at the time they were pretty popular.

The lead singer Dale Bozzio must have been an influence on Gwen Stefani with her blond and pink hair and wild outfits. Not to mention the squeaky voice.

Missing Persons was big in the LA new wave scene for a while, but then the band broke up after Dale and her husband Terry Bozzio broke up.

I remember doing the slam dance to this song at some point in my life. The details are a bit sketchy, but I have occasional 80's flashbacks!

Here to start your weekend off with a funky fun song is Missing Persons - Walking in LA!



Have a good one all!

Peace

10 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Did they do "Voices Carry"? Man, that hair and makeup was so...so...Duran Duran.

Don't tease me with that, "I just can't watch" bit...that's just not fair!

You haven't been to BFTP (my alter-blog) in a while - come check out my series on Most Wanted Christmas toys from the past.

Heck, Neetzy's been there more than you!

Kat

Auntie Mame said...

OMG Shazza, that is one of four cassette tapes I still have from high school. I got it for my birthday. I loved every song!!! I will have to send you my punk pict from then with mini skirt and black lipstick!!

Kari Hultman said...

I thought it was going to be "Do you hear me? Do you care?" That was a good song.

Kat, that was Til Tuesday who did Voices Carry.

Vic Hubbard said...

My favorite was "What Are Words For?"

dive said...

Holy crap, Shazza; that is too awful for words.

I always kinda liked Terry Bozzio for his work with Frank Zappa and Jeff Beck but now I may have to step away from him veeeeery carefully.

Shazza said...

Kat - Most people remember Word or Destination Unkown. I haven't freqented too many blogs lately, but I promise I will.

Auntie Mame - Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...I would so love to see those pictures!

Kari - That song is the most familiar to everyone and gets more air time on any 80's station I think.

Vic - Yup...good song too.

Dive - I actually like that song. Just reminds me of my weird punky phase when Devo and Berlin, Talking Heads and other reigned supreme!

neetzy said...

Shazza,

Her face was enough to scare me away! I don't remember ever hearing that song. Perhaps it just did not impress me enough to listen to the words. I remember some punk bar band in Philly called the Sites and their original "Walking Home Alone". I should do a google search to see if they ever recorded it.

Presbyfruit's History Bits said...

I don't remember it either. Must not have made it to the hills of WV.

Kat Mortensen said...

Village Carpenter - Thanks for clarifying that for me. I think the leads looked similar, didn't they? Then there was also a band called The Motels, right?

Kat

Shazza said...

Neetzy and Presby - it wasn't well known and that is why I was surprised to hear it on the radio. I think only the people who had the cassette - Me and Auntie Mame may have known about it!

Kat - the Motels were another favorite of mine!