Thursday, December 18, 2008

Counting down

Two more days left here at my current employer and 7 more days until Christmas!

I'm almost giddy!

Almost - I'm not really the giddy type. I'm more of a bellowing laugh kind of gal or the Mutley wheezy laugh and when I really get going, I don't make any sound at all I just kind of shake up and down uncontrollably.

For the last two days here at this place, I have brought my camera and will attempt a photo journal of sorts. I actually took pictures on the highway while driving about 75 mph, not sure how they are gonna turn out. Probably blurry as hell, but we'll see. I am going to photograph the area I work, the building, the parking garage, some of the more colorful characters on the streets and whatever else I fancy at the time.

Be warned odd and strange things may be coming your way.

Also remember I have a FILM camera so it may be a bit before I actually post them all.

Next on the countdown I thought I would list my 7 favorite Christmas songs.

One every day until Christmas.

I can't really think of anything else to write at the moment, so this is just filler really. I have a lot going on and am really busy trying to get my accounts together and work on finding a sublet to rent for the month of January so I can attend the training I need for the new job which I start on Monday!

No rest for the wicked!

So - # 7 on my Christmas Countdown is a song that always reminds me of my Mom. When we would have Christmas dinner at my parents house, inevitably my Mom and my Sister and I would start to sing this song - mostly because of the backup singers! They really make the song.

I give you Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley!




You just gotta sing the doo doo DOO doo doo.

Ya gotta!

6 comments:

Kari Hultman said...

Maybe santa will bring you a digital camera for Christmas. : )

Good luck with your last two days at work and with starting your new job!

Tom said...

Congrats on the new job. Don't get too used to short-timers

dive said...

What a splendid idea, Shazza. I can't wait to see your blow-by-blow photojournal.
I love the Christmas song countdown, too.
Hoorah for the King!

Maria said...

Nobody does it like Elvis.

Presbyfruit's History Bits said...

yup--Elvis is indeed the King. Love 'im.

neetzy said...

I played this for my students. They did not appreciate it like I did!