Monday, May 12, 2008

Meme thingy

OK...I saw this meme on the McCutcheon's Blog, Maria's Blog and Dive's Blog...

I didn't want to be left out so I did it too!

How to: put your itunes/ipod on shuffle and press next for each question. write down the song that's playing as an answer.

I'm not going to add any additional comments and will just let the answers speak for themselves as weird and as random as they might be; or as dead on as they may be. Only I will know!

If anything, it's a good way to see what kind of music is on other peoples iPods.

I think I'll make this a playlist just for the whole eclectic nature of it all.

1) How would you describe yourself? Talkin’ to Myself about you, by Peggy Lee
2) What do you like in a guy/girl? Redemption Day, Sheryl Crow
3) What is your motto? In the Air Tonight, by Phil Collins
4) What do your friends think of you? You’re Timeless to me, By Christopher Walken and John Travolta (From the musical Hairspray)
5) What do you think about often? Bard Dance, Enya
6) What do your parents think of you? Weather Channel, by Sheryl Crow
7) What do you think of your best friend? Keeper of my Heart, Indigo Girls
8) What do you think of the person you like? Angel, Eurythmics
9) What do you want to be when you grow up? I Can’t Be Without You, The Cranberries
10) What do you think when you see the person you like? Proudest Monkey, Dave Matthews Band
11) What song will they play at your wedding? Drowning, Hootie and the Blowfish
12) What will they play at your funeral? The Other Side, Melissa Ferrick
13) What is your hobby/interest? Misery, Dana Fuchs
14) What is your biggest fear? Barcelona, Dean Jones, Susan Browning (from the musical Company)
15) What is your biggest secret? Stop in the Name of Love, Diana Ross and the Supremes
16) What do you think of your friends? Cure for Love, Bonnie Raitt
17) What is your theme song? Someday I’ll be Saturday Night, Bon Jovi
18) What do you think of your family? Carmine St., Kaki King
19) What is your best friend's theme song? Before the Deluge, Jackson Browne
20) What is your mood right now? Get Ready, Rare Earth
21) If your heart could talk what would it say? It’s Happening with You, k.d. Lang
22) What do your co-workers think of you? Godspeed, Dixie Chicks
23) What does your future look like? Careless Love, Madeleine Peyroux

6 comments:

Scout said...

Ah, even more variety to add to the mix. Everyone has who has done this meme has introduced a different style or different artists. I haven't heard Hootie and the Blowfish in so long—I'll go look them up again.

Kat Mortensen said...

If only I had an ipod. This just doesn't work with cds.

I like the Peggy Lee, Enya, Cranberries, k.d. lang and Phil Collins (especially that song).

Mine would feature Leonard Cohen, Johnny Cash, U2, Clannad, Macy Gray, Corinne Bailey Rae, Barra McNeils and the Rankin Family.

Kat

Kat Mortensen said...

Shazza, with your Irish roots (I watched your movie - very nice!) you will probably identify with my latest poem (and a few in my archives).

Kat

dive said...

Hee hee, Shazza.
I was thinking there are some nicely apt titles in there - "Drowning" for a wedding song, "The Other Side" at a funeral, "Misery" as a hobby, but then when your biggest fear turned out to be Barcelona I laughed so hard the office came a'running.
An excellent selection all round.

Shan said...

Was it the olympics that scared you so much in Barcelona? How tragic. :)
Thanks for popping up in my comment window. I've been by before because I liked your name. Reminds me of my favorite movie Bridgette Jones Diary.
Yes, that WAS a fun meme wasn't it!
Oh yes and the first "Shoes were made for walkin'" video was fun as well. I can't handle Jessica S. though. Aak.

mccutcheon said...

11) What song will they play at your wedding? Drowning, Hootie and the Blowfish
12) What will they play at your funeral? The Other Side, Melissa Ferrick

now THAT was hilarious :D